Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

great customer service deserves an applaud

I decided before having Eden that I would make my own baby food for her for a few different reasons.

1. I know exactly what she is eating.. let it be veggies, fruits, pasta, meat. I'd rather have make it myself then to feed Eden something someone else made that I had no control over. Plus, meat and pastas in a jar are plain GROSS.
2. Cost - with just about anything in this world, convenience costs money and inconvenience saves. Some may think that making your own baby food is inconvenient but because of this you save so much money. I bought frozen organic peas, 2 packs for $3.00. I made the equivalent of 15 jars of baby food peas. If you bought Earth's best or another organic brand, 1 jar would be about $1.00 = $15.00 and saving you a total of $12.00!
3. Mixing flavors. After freezing different veggies and fruits, all you have to do is mix 2 cubes of fruit/veggie together to create a new flavor at each meal time. Totally easy and so much fun! The big plus is that little one can try something new and doesn't get tired of the same old veggie/fruit blend.

With creating my own food for Miss E, I bought some freezer trays that are 1oz each. There were a few things that I needed to make sure my freezer trays had.
1. A cover - I wanted to make sure that each freezer tray had a cover so if for some reason there was a spill, it would be contained. Also, with a cover, you can stack your trays on top of each other and freeze a few trays instead of only 1 or 2 at a time.
2. Measurement - Knowing exactly how much each cube contained was important so that I know exactly how much food I'm giving Miss E.
3. Price - I didn't really care to spend more than $10 on a freezer tray, I'm not THAT crazy!

With all that, I found one brand that I really liked and met all my criteria - KIDCO.

Well two days ago, one of my freezer trays broke. It didn't break all the way where I wouldn't be able to use it, but I wasn't happy and I wanted to see if Kidco would do something about it. I decided to contact them. Within 5 minutes of contacting them, the man in charge telling me to send him a picture of my broken tray, I was given a confirmation that I would be receiving a new tray. TWO DAYS later, what do I receive in the mail? A brand new package of freezer trays. Just one of my freezer trays broke, a package contains 2 freezer trays.. so I got a whole new package and I couldn't be happier. They truly sold me and showed me exactly what customer service should be like, and for that I am giving them a little bit of my time to applaud them as well as give them two thumbs up for all my readers to see.
(a side note: KidCo is based out of Libertyville which is only about 10 miles away from me, which I think is pretty awesome.. and hits so close to home)

No comments:

Post a Comment