Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

10 things I won't miss about pregnancy

Pregnancy has been great to me and a gift from God to experience, BUT there are always things that you won't miss about it. This list will probably continue as I go through my second half of pregnancy, but as of 20 weeks this is what I will not miss (Yes, some of these are pretty gross but I'm being honest so that I can remember the small things in the future)

10. Waking up in the middle of the night having to pee, about 3 to 4 times a night. But worse, not being able to fall back asleep right away and having to toss and turn and dream about sleeping.

9. Sleeping on my left side or wedging a pillow on my right butt cheek so that I can somewhat sleep on my back but left side as well. I'm a stomach sleeper and darn proud of it, I can't wait to even just have the option of sleeping on my stomach.

8. Peeing every time I sneeze. I've done some kegel exercises but everytime I do them I have to pee. There is no winning this one.

7. Feeling ache/pain and stretching when I do anything too quickly. I'm talking about pains that bring you down to your knees and make you stay still till the pain goes away. I'm sure I get weird stares while walking when I get these random spurts of pain but till you're pregnant and dealing with the pains I'm dealing with, please no judging.

6. Having cravings that you can't control, not being able to think about anything else until it is fulfilled - definitely something I have never experienced before (nerd ropes, chocolate cake, milk, popsicles and juice right before bed)

5. GAS, GAS, GAS - Having the worst gas I've ever had in my life. I'm talking gas bloat, grumbling in the stomach, farting for minutes straight, and worst of all a smell that can put out an army. Do I need to explain why I won't miss this one? Eugene says that this is the main thing he'll remember about my pregnancy.

4. Achy boobs otherwise known as Lightning Boobs - the pain where I want to just grab my boob and somehow ease it but no matter how you hold your boob it won't go away. And obviously its inappropriate grabbing your boob in public.

3. Sleeping body limbs - I can't be in any position for too long or else I get painful tingles in my fingers, toes, and feet, talk about painfully uncomfortable.

2. Consuming non-alcoholic beverages - I haven't been sober this long since.. well probably since the end of high school. Now I'm not talking about wanting to consume alcohol all the time, but I hate the fact that nobody will let me even take a sip of anything just to try. Eugene and our good friend Reginald were drinking these random beers last night, and well I wasn't able to even have a sip. Actually, Eugene held his breathe when I even asked to smell the beer. I JUST WANT SOME ALCOHOL!

1. Not being able to eat what I want to eat - sushi, deli meat on a sandwich without heating it up, portillo's chopped salad with cheese, etc. I'm tired of asking waitresses if the cheese is pasteurized while getting "you're crazy" looks for even asking, having to toast my sandwiches when I never toasted before pregnancy, not eating sushi at all since I can't have any of the sushi that I really like, and especially having people ask me if its okay that I eat what I'm eating. I just want to eat what I want!

5 comments:

  1. what's wrong with eating pasteurized cheese??

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lil.. pasteurized cheese is good, cheese made from non pasteurized cheese = bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8, seriously. I hated having a cough at work. I had to call in sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, if we ar ebeing honest-i miss being able to poop with ease. just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL nice one mrs. case. I agree.. when we do poop, its like an explosion.

    ReplyDelete