Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

happy third trimester.. 27 weeks

Congratulations on cooking for 27 weeks, we are finally at the home stretch. I can't believe how fast the road has been traveled but then again, it isn't finishing fast enough.


How Far Along: 27 Weeks

Size of Baby: Baby is the size of an eggplant - 13.6 to 4.8 inch, and 1.5 to 2.2 lbs, you're getting BIG! 

Other things baby is up to: Baby's lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means he's now able to practice inhaling or exhaling. The lack of air in your womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluids, but hey -- its progress.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 17 pounds, I believe but I'll know for sure when I go in for my appointment next week.

Movement: You're not as strong as I thought you'd be, I'm feeling you a ton as I write this but for this week I haven't really felt you as much as I think I should have. But I'm not complaining as long as you're happy in there. 

Sleep: Sleep is great except that I need to wake up to roll over since I can't roll over comfortably anymore. Last Saturday I got one of those cramps in my calf and I wanted to die. I was yelling and screaming at dad to wake up so that he could ease the pain. For 3 days afterwards, it was still tender and sore. I'm eating more bananas now so that I hopefully do not have this happen to me again this pregnancy. 

Symptoms: Not being able to breathe, you are right on my lungs and making it quite hard for me to breathe comfortably. Please move down just a bit so that we can both be comfortable. 

Maternity Clothes: All my tops are now not fitting correctly and bump is getting in the way of covering my whole belly. Please let the warm weather come faster so I can wear dresses!!

Belly Button: still an inny!! but one of these days, I'm sure it will pop. 

Milestones: 3rd trimester is a HUGE milestone, I can't believe its already been 2/3s of the way through pregnancy.

Looking forward to: Today Dad and I are going to the hospital that we will deliver you so that we can see exactly what we're in for. We've both never been to the hospital or have any clue where it is so it'll be nice to see where we will deliver you and also where we will spend our first couple nights as a family.

Next appointment: April 13, 2011 - and I get to take that nasty orange liquid to see if I have gestational diabetes, yippeeee (not). What I'm really looking forward to is that 2 weeks afterwards I'll be able to see you again through an ultrasound which is always an exciting visit. 

Other: The fur babies are driving me crazy! Walnut decided to somehow jump his way onto the counter and eat some bagels, obviously sharing with his brother Pistachio. I can't believe how athletic he is and we still don't know how he even managed to get the bagels off the counter. He might have used the chair to help him somehow but I'm thinking he just jumped and jumped until he got the bag of bagels in his mouth just enough for him to bring the whole thing down. Either way, I can't believe they do these things while we're gone and from now on they are in our room until they grow up some more. Walnut is usually the culprit so I let Pistachio out and the bathroom garbage was ransacked and torn apart, I tell you bones are not enough and they obviously need to keep themselves busy with something else -- maybe if I turn on the TV it'll help them concentrate on something other than tearing the house apart. 




2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, the orange drink isn't bad at all! Sort of just like watered down orange soda. What is weird, is how you are going to feel about 10 minutes after drinking it! Be prepared for the shakes with that much glucose at one time, haha! I'm sure you'll do great!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. i be tthe diabetes test will be just fine. i am excited to do our tour and take some classes, too. it will make it feel even more real!

    ReplyDelete