Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

kids say the darnest things

Today, just like most Wednesdays, I went to pick up my little girl S from school. This was our conversation:

S: Lois, do you have any snacks in your car?

Me: Nope. What kind of snacks are you talking about anyways?

S: You know, like those cookies with chocolate or mints.

Me: Nope, I ate all the cookies with you last time and I have no other snacks in my car.

S: You usually always have snacks in your car, you must have been hungry to finish everything.

Me: Yup, or baby must have been really hungry.

S: (giving me a blank stare) Baby must have been hungry? The baby can't eat.

Me: Well the baby gets the food that I eat so when I eat something, the baby also gets to eat.

S: Well how can the baby eat if the baby doesn't even have teeth?

Me: Well, the baby gets the nutrition, not the real food.

S: (completely ignoring my last comment) Well the baby can eat pancakes because pancakes are soft and they don't really need to chew it.

By now I'm cracking up and thinking about how cute she is to really think the baby in my belly is chewing and eating the food that I eat.

S: Well, you shouldn't be eating cookies then because cookies aren't healthy for the baby to eat.

Can you say cute? I really just had to mark this down in my blog so that I always remember the innocence of the youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment