Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

showered with love

Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing moms out there. Today is a day to acknowledge all that mother's sacrifice and do for their loved ones.

Yesterday was Baby Chon's shower of love. Thank you to Linda and Christina for putting together an amazing shower. I appreciate each of you in my life and I can't imagine having anyone else be better aunties than you two.


I don't have too many pictures just yet since my brother has yet to upload and edit. For now, I'll just put the most important pictures up - the FOOD!

This is a picture of the food table - brats and cheeseburgers/hamburgers, chips, potato salad, coleslaw, the fix ins for the cheeseburger including pickles (which everyone laughed at.. why? I guess pickles aren't that common to put out at a BBQ, I sure thought it was! Everyone just made fun of me for being pregnant), fruits (watermelon, strawberries, pineapple, canteloupe), and a veggie platter. 



More pictures will come with the cupcake reveal but this is a picture of the cupcakes that were created by Gen (and Dee). Gen has some amazing talent and did a great job with these cupcakes! Can you believe she doesn't do this for a living but just a hobby? She really should think about opening up her own business, she is so talented!


This was the mini cake that was created for us, goes with our baby shower theme "What's the Baby going to BEE?" I haven't cut into the cake yet but I'm sure I'll be cutting into it pretty soon, it's too pretty to cut into but I definitely want to try it (the bees are edible)!!

With the baby shower, we had a gender reveal. We asked everyone who was invited to wear either blue or pink, color coordinating what their guess of Baby Chon's gender.


Here is TEAM BLUE (other than Stella - who wore blue but really thinks we're having a girl), everyone here guessed we were having a BOY


And here is TEAM PINK, (other than Dee who knew we were having a girl but said she guessed girl from the beginning), everyone thought we were having a GIRL

Sadly I don't have pictures of the cupcake reveal as of now, BUT what I can say is that everyone was super excited and shocked. Wouldn't you be when more than half the group thought we were having a boy?

Here is a picture of Mom and Dad  -to be with our reveal t-shirts. 

Yes, we are HAVING A GIRL!

________________________________________________

Along with the shower on Saturday, we had our 3d/4d ultrasound. I'm so glad we got to experience it for FREE especially because I definitely don't think it's worth it to pay for it, I just didn't think it was that necessary and I think there is just too much hype. Either way we got a $99 3d/4d package absolutely free so I'm not complaining! 


To end today's blog post, I just wanted everyone to please check out Yippy Momma, a Mommy Blogger from New York who featured Baby Chon's nursery!! Definitely a very cool experience and I'm so glad they chose Baby Chon's room to feature for their very first Friday Feature, PLEASE check them out!


1 comment: