Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

happy happy 24 weeks

How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Size of Baby: Baby is still the size of a papaya - 10.5 - 11.8 inches and 12.7-20.8 ounces

Other things baby is up to: Baby's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, his/her newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Alright so last week I thought I was up 17 pounds for the total pregnancy, but when I went to the doctor's office, I was pleasantly surprised that I am only up 12. WOOHOO!

Movement: Finally I'm getting more baby movement, I talked to the doctor about it and she said I probably won't feel real kicks till about 28 weeks. Eugene finally felt baby kick last night, how amazing!

Sleep: I haven't been getting pretty good sleep lately since I'm so excited for our big move, PLUS I've been feeling under the weather which isn't helping my sleep as well. 

Symptoms: No symptoms of pregnancy... I haven't had any this whole pregnancy other than exhaustion in my first trimester. 

Maternity Clothes: I finally busted out my maternity clothes this week and I didn't look pregnant at all! Amazing

Belly Button: looks the same as last weeks, still wide and not getting any shallower

Milestones: Eugene finally felt baby kick! What a huge milestone, especially when I hardly feel baby.

Looking forward to: Moving this weekend. We finally got to see the place yesterday and move some stuff in. The nursery looks awesome and I can't wait to get it all set up! 

Next appointment: April 13, 2011 - and I get to take that nasty orange liquid to see if I have gestational diabetes, yippeeee (not)

Other: Eugene was sick last weekend with a sore throat and runny nose, this week I'm feeling under the weather with a sore throat and headache. I really hope I don't have what Eugene had since he was sick for about a week and is still fighting off the runny nose. I NEVER get sick, so me being sick is a pretty big deal right now, especially with a little one.


1 comment:

  1. i started off chubby so i got to wear maternity clothes sooner, i think. i love your top!!

    how exciting your husband got to feel the baby! some women on the boards say their husbands can feel at like 18 weeks but i know mine sure as heck cant! he keeps trying with no success, lol.

    how exciting that you finally get to see the place and move in-long time coming!

    ReplyDelete