Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

your home quarters for the years to come, the nursery

Eugene and I moved into our new place and the only thing I wanted to do was work on the nursery. With that said, the nursery was done within a day's span. Linda and I worked on putting up the tree, cutting out the birds, putting together the crib and then Linda and Jonathan worked on building the dresser. It was a group effort, with no effort from the father to be since he was on a bigger mission, to get the whole house unpacked. The only thing missing in the nursery now is Baby Chon. Wait, I take that back; the other thing missing is the wooden letters of baby's name, which obviously won't be revealed till baby is here. Hope you enjoy baby's home quarters as much as I love it.


Picture is taken from the doorway, so this is the "right" side of the nursery. Pictured is the exersaucer which is being put into the living room when baby gets here, crib and dresser, and then the bassinet which will be put into our room for late night feedings, changings, etc.

Above the crib is this bible verse that I cut out:

This bible verse is held close to both Eugene and my heart, this was the bible verse our pastor spoke to us about during our wedding. It has become a bible verse we try to remember throughout everything we do. I think its fitting for the Baby Chon to remember this throughout his/her life, and to remember that God is the foundation of our family.


On the left side of the of the nursery is our glider. The bouncy seat will probably be put downstairs for entertainment purposes. I love this tree in the baby's nursery, I can't get enough of how beautiful the tree is and how great of an accent it makes on the whole bedroom.

That's pretty much it, simple. I love simplicity. I'd show you the closet of filled up clothes but then I'd be giving away the gender so I won't be able to give a more in depth look at the nursery till after the big reveal. Either way, baby boy/girl is SPOILED and I can't believe how much s/he will have.

5 comments:

  1. I love the room! soooo cute!

    <3shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so cool! i love the quote on the wall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lois, this is just perfect!!! I absolutely adore the colors but the bible verse above the crib is my FAVORITE! What a lucky baby to have such great parents of faith. Hope the rest of your move into the townhouse went well!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nursery looks incredible! You guys did an awesome job!

    <3, Heather

    ReplyDelete