Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

100 days and counting down

Yesterday was my birthday and I had work like usual. My kids made me a peanut butter pie and it was DELICIOUS, even if I don't like peanut butter really. But we all know I like anything sweet right now so it HIT THE SPOT.



I ended work early to take my dogs out for a walk, hang out with them for a little bit before heading to the bulls game. My kids and the dad wanted to take me to the bulls game for my birthday since they were playing.

One man's mistake is another man's gain - Steve (the dad) accidently gave the games tickets away to a business friend instead of keeping them since they never go to the weekday games. What he forgot was that it was my birthday, but more importantly that the kids were on spring break. He just assumed he had the tickets all along and on the way home got a phone call from the wife asking if he had the tickets since the tickets weren't in the book. Well, he didn't have the tickets and that's when it hit him that he gave them away and didn't have tickets to the game. As the 4 year old Shyanne is screaming "daddy forgot about us" and 7 year old Justin is upset that both himself and I cannot go to the game, Steve decided he would look for tickets. Usually it's not a hard thing to look for tickets for weekday games but since its spring break for half of the schools in Chicagoland area, all tickets were sold out at ticketmaster and will call. His last resort was to go to Stub Hub and look for tickets, which he lucked out by finding 4 tickets. The only thing is, instead of using his season tickets, he now had to probably pay anywhere from $75-100 per ticket. Nonetheless, we got to sit in awesome seats right behind one of the hoops in the 100 level. Probably the best seats both Eugene and I have ever sat in for a bulls game. Definitely a WIN for us.

Here is what our view looked like, we were close enough that I could actually see D.Rose' facial expressions.

We didn't win, which was a stinker but it was nice to see the game from somewhere we never have before. Justin cried, he wasn't too happy that the bulls lost and well he's never been to a game where they've lost before. He was yelling "that's unfair, unfair, unfair" and it made Eugene and I realize the fanship in Justin. He is a true, loyal fan and he's probably more true to his Bulls than half the people on the stands, and he's only 7 years old. It also helps that he actually understands how to play basketball and is really quite good at playing as well.

______________________________________________

Onto the real great exciting news, today March 29 marks 100 more days left till your expected arrival. I'm hoping and praying that you do come somewhere near the date, please don't take an extra week or 2. I'd really like you to come out on time but if not don't wait too long. I can't believe earlier on in the pregnancy I was counting down for 200+ days and now we're only at 100 days left. Time sure is flying and I can't believe how close we are to the final stretch, this calls for a celebration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment