Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

we're tired of papayas, good thing you've graduated to an eggplant

How Far Along: 25 Weeks

Size of Baby: Baby is the size of an eggplant - 13.6 to 4.8 inch, and 1.5 to 2.2 lbs, you're getting BIG! 

Other things baby is up to: You may not hear baby's heartbeat by just putting ear to belly (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of the tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside of the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'll go off the scale that I have at work, if that's the case I've gained 16 pounds throughout the pregnancy.

Movement: Getting tons of action from the little one. A little bit more than usual so that definitely brightens my day when I feel baby kicking and squirming inside. Nobody will understand the feeling of movement unless you are a mother or pregnant -- it's the most indescribable, amazing feeling. 

Sleep: I've been getting great sleep, probably thanks to the new place. I'm no longer really stressed about the move and can finally sleep and not worry about much. 

Symptoms: Nope, still lucking out with this one. Wait, I take that back, I get acid reflex which REALLY sucks. 

Maternity Clothes: Yep, just a few tops here and there, I'm still in my stretchy pants. Thank goodness I don't have to wear nice clothes to work. 

Belly Button: still an inny and looking the same. 

Milestones: I am finally in my 6th month of pregnancy! 

Looking forward to: I can't say I'm really looking forward to it, but my birthday is on Monday so I guess I'm looking forward to spending time with my friends and Eugene. On Saturday I'm having a birthday dinner/open house at my house with my family and Eugene's family and my little kid is having his 7th birthday party at his house so we might stop by for a little bit. On Sunday my church is having a bowling tournament. And then on my actual birthday, my kids are taking me to the Bulls game since they're playing on my birthday. Tuesday I'm having my small group from church come over for dinner/open house so that they can see the new place and I can cook them yummy Korean food. 

Next appointment: April 13, 2011 - and I get to take that nasty orange liquid to see if I have gestational diabetes, yippeeee (not). What I'm really looking forward to is that 2 weeks afterwards I'm having another ultrasound which will be exciting!

Other: I'm meeting my mom to get the curtain fabric and fabric for the glider so I'm pretty excited to how that's all going to come out. It'll be nice to have a print that is unique and special just for you. 


2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Lois!

    "Nobody will understand the feeling of movement unless you are a mother or pregnant -- it's the most indescribable, amazing feeling." --- This is sooooo true. It's really an indescribable feeling, but it's also such an awesome feeling!

    Oh and as for acid reflux, I had it bad and it only got worse as my pregnancy progressed! Good luck with that! lol

    <3 Sam K.

    ReplyDelete